‘Made-In-Nigeria Office Not Fake’ – Nwabueze Hits ICPC

‘Made-In-Nigeria Office Not Fake’ – Nwabueze Hits ICPC

The National Coordinator and Executive Director of the National Brands Development and Made in Nigeria Special Project Office, George Nwabueze, has rejected allegations that he is operating a fictitious Federal Government agency. Nwabueze told Sunday Punch on Saturday that the office was a project office under the supervision of the Office of the Secretary to the Government of

The National Coordinator and Executive Director of the National Brands Development and Made in Nigeria Special Project Office, George Nwabueze, has rejected allegations that he is operating a fictitious Federal Government agency.

Nwabueze told Sunday Punch on Saturday that the office was a project office under the supervision of the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (OSGF) and had existed for about 16 years.

₦800,000 Monthly On Drugs – Ronke Oshodi Opens Up On Health Challenge

blob:https://www.image2url.com/6b1201f1-93ee-44f9-bbeb-45816585e575

 News reports that his response followed the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission’s (ICPC) declaration that President Bola Tinubu had ordered his arrest over the alleged operation of a fake Federal Government agency.

The ICPC had also alleged that Nwabueze operated the outfit with the assistance of some senior officials in the OSGF.

Reacting to the allegation, Nwabueze insisted that the office was legitimate, arguing that it had operated within the OSGF for years.

Nwabueze told Punch, “Made in Nigeria Special Project Office is a project office in the OSGF. We don’t know where fake agency comes from.

“A programme that has been in the SGF’s office since 16 July 2010 was just discovered yesterday (Friday). After 16 years, Nigeria is a funny country.”

Nwabueze made the comments while responding to enquiries from Punch on LinkedIn, where he had earlier published documents which he said established his appointment and the status of the office.

One of the documents shared by Nwabueze was an appointment letter dated October 3, 2025, purportedly issued by the OSGF.

The document, referenced OSGF/MIN/59310/11/205, was signed by the Permanent Secretary, Political and Economic Affairs Office, Nadungu Gagare.

Addressed to “Hon. George Buchi Nwabueze, National Coordinator, Made in Nigeria Project Office, OSGF, Three Arms Zone, Abuja,” the letter conveyed approval of his appointment as National Coordinator/Executive Director of the Made in Nigeria Project Office.

The appointment, according to the letter, was for five years beginning from July 2025 and was renewable.

The letter stated, “I am directed to formally convey the approval of your appointment as National Coordinator/Executive Director of the Made in Nigeria Project Office under the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.”

The document said the appointment followed “a careful evaluation of your commitment, contribution, and capacity in delivering on the mandate of the Special Project Office.”

The appointment letter listed several responsibilities for Nwabueze, including overseeing the development and implementation of programmes, projects and policies.

He was also assigned responsibility for coordinating regional and state coordinators across the 36 states and organising exhibitions, trade fairs, economic summits and other activities aimed at promoting Nigerian products and services.

The document stated that the project office was to operate temporarily from Room B53, Ground Floor, within the OSGF complex.

It also noted, “Please note that this appointment is at the pleasure of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, and in line with the objectives of the Made in Nigeria initiative under the Renewed Hope Agenda.”

Another document shared by Nwabueze on LinkedIn showed that the Made-in-Nigeria initiative had previously sought formal recognition as a Special Project.

The document, dated April 17, 2025, was signed by Gagare and addressed to the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.

With the reference number PS-PEAO/2025/008/4, it was titled, ‘A proposal for the Made-in-Nigeria Project to be granted Special Project status.’

The proposal stated that the initiative had been operating for about five years and had promoted Nigerian-made goods and services both domestically and internationally.

It also claimed that the project had organised economic forums and trade exhibitions in different parts of the world and contributed to the economy, particularly by attracting foreign direct investment.

The document listed job creation, economic expansion and poverty reduction among the expected benefits of granting the initiative special-project status.

It further argued that the programme could boost Nigeria’s Gross Domestic Product by supporting local industries and encouraging domestic manufacturing.

According to the proposal, promoting locally produced goods would also help reduce dependence on imports, conserve foreign exchange and improve the country’s trade balance.

The document linked the initiative to the Federal Government’s broader economic diversification agenda, particularly efforts to reduce reliance on crude oil and strengthen the non-oil sector.

The Permanent Secretary subsequently urged the SGF to consider granting the initiative special status, arguing that such recognition would strengthen its credibility, improve its effectiveness and enable it to better fulfil its stated mandate.

Henryrich
ADMINISTRATOR
PROFILE

Posts Carousel

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *

Latest Posts

Top Authors

Most Commented

Featured Videos